Aasco Flywheel Users

Hi guys

Are many of you guys using these?

I have a 4E flywheel that's been redrilled to suit my 5E engine but something's not right. It looks too thick and it's actually stopping the engine turning as the clutch is now fouling the gearbox!!

Any thoughts? We don't sell Aasco products so not too clued on these flywheels.

Cheers

Idrees

It's definitely a strange one, never had a problem like it. The engine turns perfectly with the gearbox off but when it's fitted it won't turn whatsoever. Tried by hand and by trying to start the car up but nothing at all!

Here's the marks inside the gearbox:

null_zpsea12231c.jpg

null_zps4631c52a.jpg

What clutch you using? I would say that's more the problem rather than the flywheel as the flywheel essentially sits outside the box.

I have heard of some clutches catching on the gearbox casing before, although for the life of me I can't remember what brands it was, somethings telling me Comp clutch.

It's a Spec 6 PUK paddle clutch, I've used it before without a problem however that was with an OEM 3E flywheel. I compared this flywheel to a stock one last night and its about 5mm thicker, the clutch is bigger than a stock one too. Combine them both and they don't fit! Time to get the grinder out!

It's a Spec 6 PUK paddle clutch, I've used it before without a problem however that was with an OEM 3E flywheel. I compared this flywheel to a stock one last night and its about 5mm thicker, the clutch is bigger than a stock one too. Combine them both and they don't fit! Time to get the grinder out!

Ay did a bit of digging last night and it was the comp clutches that gave the problem. Some of the bell housing needed grinding away to stop it catching. Anoither syptom was it was hard to engage a gear.