custom modified external wastegate manifold?

anyone ever tried fabricating the tube and flange and having it fixed to the collector? Ive heard a few things that people have done it, and my dad's a fabricator/engineer so am tempted to do it on my current td04 manifold, rather than spending god knows how much on a new one

well my dads been fabricating and tool making for 40 years and we have 4 different welders here in the workshop so I'm hoping it shouldn't be any trouble, just wondering if anyone had any experience with it, like any problems etc

yeah I was planning on bracing it, and also brace the screamer to the decat too for extra support, the welds at the moment are all in mint condition, seems like theres plenty of room to do and cause of the style of manifold it is, I wont need to start chopping into welds :)

i just did mine my self looks great and braced it all the places you said you were going to as well... this is not the first time ive done it this way either as long as its done properly it will last ... the last one i did is on the road 4 years now

i had a toyosports mild steel one with ewg flange, held the weight of td05 for around 4-5 years with no cracking. lol.

cant argue with that experience! bet you enjoyed all the toyosports slabbering while you drove away happily at your exgated setup!!

Phil

cant argue with that experience! bet you enjoyed all the toyosports slabbering while you drove away happily at your exgated setup!!

Phil

Aye some have had them do them well, some people fit them like tits and wonder why they crack running high egts on an fcd set up. I didn't pay anything for it, and it done me very well indeed. I just bolted it up nice and square new brass nuts, and heat wrapped very carefully!

Aye some have had them do them well, some people fit them like tits and wonder why they crack running high egts on an fcd set up. I didn't pay anything for it, and it done me very well indeed. I just bolted it up nice and square new brass nuts, and heat wrapped very carefully!

abit of sense here and there does wonders sometimes.

Phil