Brand new 450bhp Custom Garrett GT28 Turbo (SOLD!)

Item For Sale:

Custom Forced Performance Garrett GT2868 HTA turbo with Tial V-Band turbine housing

Item Condition & Description:

Brand New 0 miles

The turbo itself is a custom built unit by Forced Performance who have been around for many years offering billet HTA wheels to Garrett turbo cores. This turbo was originally a GT2860RS which has the added 68mm HTA billet compressor wheel, taking flow from 35 lbs/min to 48lbs/min. Taking power from 350bhp upto around 480bhp on a well built cylinder head without any increase in spool time! This turbo also has the offering of a race metal bearing cage as the stock unit is plastic which tends to melt when running using features such as launch control/ Anti-lag.

I've also had a Tial V-band .63 A/R put on by Owen Developments to ensure fitment to the manifold and downpipe setup. While this was being done I also took the opportunity to add Owen's own 360 degree thurst clamps as the original Tial clamps have been known to work loose and destroy the turbine wheel.

Price: £1000

Pictures:

20130503_193325_zps8c847a08.jpg

20130503_193402_zps3dea40d2.jpg

TurbowithTial_zps980d65e7.jpg

360degthrustclamp_zps27e19375.jpg

TialVband_zps3357a302.jpg

Tials_zpsc0a96596.jpg

Some new High Res pics :

20140108_5_zps2e4649a8.jpg

20140108_1_zps9872f4d8.jpg

20140108_8_zpscc3d28a9.jpg

Payment & Shipping Details: Can be posted

Edited by AdamB
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo alone is circa £2000, its £1400 + VAT for the basic turbo from Owen's, that's without a turbine housing, without the metal caged race bearings and without the 360 degree thrust clamps.

I was thinking about getting it made top mounted, might be possibly just by rotating the head flange, but a new downpipe will need to be made, and I'm not sure if the turbo would come anywhere near the powersteering pump.

I wanna try something a bit special that's the only reason for sale really mate. If it doesn't go then I'll just keep it. I do understand its a lot of money and in most cases more than most people paid for their car, but chances are if you can't afford it you don't need it anyway lol.

Yeah I see mate. Be good to see what those can do without the restrictors! Although I think they are mainly built for spool seeing as they are limited to like 300bhp.

Spool on this on a 4E 1 bar will be had around 3700rpm, on a 5E its around 3400rpm.

Forgot to mention that I also have a HKS SSQV BOV which I will include in the sale. It's one of the very first versions and one of the best as it doesn't sound like a mouse. It is used, the paint has started flaking off but still works, doesn't leak and is also adjustable.

I will split the kit if I have buyers for everything also :)

I won't sell the turbo alone, as I'll be stuck with a manifold and downpipe that's no use to me and only use to someone who wants to run a Tial V-band stainless turbine housing, although I suppose you could swap the flanges to suit a TD series, not sure if the downpipe would be a direct fit though to line up with the stock exhaust system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...