Wiring gurus, HELP PLEASE!

I'm wiring some dual filament holders to my mate's car (not an EP). There are three wires going to both the sidelight (2 red, 1 black) and indicator (1 green, 2 black).

Do you have any idea of which ones I need to tap into? The one I'm more confused about is the indicator. I know you only need one power wire from the sidelights so I assume one of the red ones will suffice.

But with the indicators, are the original two blacks both meant to be wired together to the new holder earth? Or does one of them not get used?

I'm hard wiring, and the indicator plugs have been cut off. The plug didn't have three pin connections, but two, which is why I'm thinking the blacks should maybe be wired together?

Thanks

Amjad

I don't have one :unknw:

Do you have any idea why the indicator has 2 black wires? I've seen people sell USDM indicator kits that plug into the original loom plug (which is 2 pin). This is why I thought maybe the blacks are supposed to be wired together?

file-943.jpg

That's the kit I'm talking about

Nah that's the kit most people use but I don't have any spade connectors so I cut the plug off to hard wire it in

Ah okay cheers Paul! I'll give it a go in a bit after I pick up some new fuses and if it still doesn't work then I'll do it the spade connection method as above!

If anyone does know the deal please do drop a comment!