snapped a bolt whilst fitting my cusco bmc

i was just tightening up the bolts on my cusco bmc, and i tightened up the 10mm bolt that goes intop the strut tower to much and it snapped mad.gif so the thread is stuck in the hole. Any ideas how to get it out??

cool i will have a look for them.

My mate snapped one of them bolts too, if its the one im thinking of you wont have room to get a drill in.

He ended up getting a nut and chemical mettaling it to the snapped thread, then unwound it that way.

The lower bracket bolt that is

there is no thread sticking out of the whole on my snapped bolt. i have some of that chemical metal stuff. the bolt that has snapped is the small 10mm one that has the spring on for the throttle cable.

check ebay for a item called easy outs, its like a left handed drill bit so u put it in anti clock ways and as it tightens it will start unturning the bolt!!!

i F***ING love easy outs thay are so good

Well my easy outs came today, got the snapped bolt out no bother at all piece off piss, i couldnt belive it! so i got my bmcs fitted. and changed a few bits of vacuume piping for nice new blue ones and got my oil catch can fitted, i found the perfect location, i think it was an old aircon bracket or something, fitted perfectly and the hole was alread there tapped and the right size! Top stuff, thanks for the help guys. :lol: