weird ep82 problem,,,,

my car is running a td04 with a fuel pressure regulator. i bought it as it is so dont know whether its running too rich, but today it didnt start and when it did it would idle really rough and cut out on idle. my friend suggested reving the car to clear out all un burnt fuel and the car is driving fine now. im worried the problem will come back or could this sound right? i think the car flooded it self as the spark plugs were wet with petrol. car is running back to normal now and friend suggested not driving the car at really low revs and to keep it at around 2.5k rpm when driving to burn all the fuel. does this sound right?

Not meaning this in a bad way but Defo dont listin to your pal mate because if u do what he says and it does more harm than good ul be gutted. This is what the forum is for. u put a thread up and ul get multiple opinions back that really know about them and maybe had the same problems. :)

defo get your fuel pressure reading up and if its fine then u know the problem is elsewhere. the only other thing i can think of is give your idle control valve a good clean out could be blocked too but could be your fuel pressure. :)

Edited by daveEP

i cleaned out the idle control valve today, took the spring and little copper cirlcle out and cleaned with brake cleaner. i would never listen to advice of a mate especially one who doesnt own a starlet nor work on one. ill post a pic of the fuel pressure reg in a minute. im not too sure of what brand it is doesnt have any obvious branding like sard etc...