Tim's roof racked EP91 in Aus

Hey Guys,

Just bought a stock EP91, we have no SR model here and import regs prevent Glanzas from being imported.

As mentioned in the intro section, I'm on this forum, so far from home, as nearly all the starlets down here are either waiting to be Glanza reps or are EP82 GTs, so nobody wants to mod a 4EFE too much as they eventually end up with a 4EFTE. You guys are the only ones who seem to have a healthy amount of EP91 owners that keep their SRs with the 4EFE and appreciate how good an EP91 can look without Glanza lights and bonnet etc.

Anyhow, this is her

emp60gtprczbuicpy5w1.png

As you can see, very, very stock. Even stock steel rims

First thing I had to do was get it registered, I wont bore you with Australian rules of getting this done, but lets just say I got a little messed around with out transport dept. and the previous owner of the car. Long story short, all I wanted to do was start transferring a few thing from an EP82 that is going to the graveyard but I had to do all the little thing that pass our roaworthy test, brakes, sump gasket etc.

So.......the first weekend was figuring out how to change shoes and cylinders on drum brakes.

Heres what I opened the drum to, kind of out of my knowledge as this is the first drum brake car I've owned

2s8ox5hq5huskgug6chu.jpg

......and these are the bits that went in (including the front disc brake pad)

jumhsmk5s1p9zjvddvx2.jpg

Fortunately I was able to get them all dismantled and put back together in a few hours. Super happy to never have to do this again as I'll have EP82 GT brakes all round with a set of slotted rotors within the next few weeks.

So, my plans for Starlet are:

GT seats (done, also taxed the GT's steering wheel)

Remove most of the excess weight, back seats, carpet, roof lining, any of the shitty plastic unless necesary

Pod filter (done, home job with metal piping, pics will follow)

KYB Struts and low springs are being donated from an EP82 as well

Bigger manifold in to shotgun exhaust pipes, prob looking at 2-2.25" with either a sports cat or dodgy punched out cat.

EP82 GT intake mani and throttlebody

5EFE cams

I must fix my first love somewhere in there, a series 1.5 R33 GTS-T Skyline and do the manual conversion. Once that is done........

Supercharge the 4EFE, either using a merc supercharger or an older toyota one

Intercooler, small to fit behind stock front bar.

Greddy emanage to make it all run.

ANY sugestions are welcome with this build, it will be slow but a nice rare setup.

So here is the start of the first mod, one of the GT seats in

ejsmzrvwg5ft146r7xod.jpg

Edited by treebeard

whats the problem with having a glanza imported to Australia then ?

Our import laws state that if there is a model of the car sold in Aus, we can't import it. So because we had EP91s in Aus delivered models, we can't import Glanzas. We only ever had EP91 sold here, so we have EP82 GTs and EP71 GTs, just no Glanzas or import EP91s :(

A lightened flywheel will help in the low revs

Thanks man, will have a look at what we can get over here. Also forgot to mention, I've found a Excedy HD clutch for about $200 (under 100 pounds) that a guy accidentally bought trying to get one for a 4EFTE.