Hi guys just got myself a cheap run around whilst i rebuild the GT picked it up for £340 with 11 months mot

Only problem is that whilst driving along mainly from 3rd gear onwards there is a noise that sounds kind of like a release bearing noise or bottom end tap kind of sound, this disappears when I put the clutch in and roll

What should I be checking first ?

Cheers Dan

The clutch release bearing would be noisy at idle then quiet when you press in the clutch. If its only in certain gears or at certain speeds then its something else. For the price I suggest u change the gearbox oil

It sounds like you need a new clutch soon. Theres a stupid looking nut on the front of the gearbox and one underneath. It looks like a 50pence coin sort of. The bottom one is the draun and tge side one is the level. Drain out oil when its warm and refill until it comes out the side bolt.

75w90, use expensive stuff as its still under 10gbp and you will never be doing it again. Changing the clutch is a 3hour job no rush with a mate to help. Theres lots of threads on both topics on here if u want to do a search