• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok I phoned my manufacturer of these today and kicked their arse about this. They think they have already done the mould for these so it will just be a case of making them.

From this point forward though, none of them will come with any fittings and they will need to be bonded in rather than bolted. I finally got out of them why the reverse ones I ordered last year still aren't with me and that is because they hate making them with the fittings. As a result I've decided to get them to make them without the fittings so we should start seeing more arriving soon now.

I really wanted one with the bolt on / off fitting :(

Guess if that is not an option then this will have to do...

how long are we talking?

Ideally I want them with the fittings to but I ordered 5 in July last year and I've had one so far, which the customer then wanted the fittings cutting out ironically. As the manufacturer hates making them with the fittings they just put the job back further and further until it ends up being over a year from order and I still don't have them. If it means I'll start getting stock through then so be it without fittings.

Is it not an option to make a few with fittings and then some without? I'd personally prefer the bolt on/off ones. And even though they don't like making them with fittings surely a few with and some without is better than all of them with fittings? :)

Bret.

Is it not an option to make a few with fittings and then some without? I'd personally prefer the bolt on/off ones. And even though they don't like making them with fittings surely a few with and some without is better than all of them with fittings? :)

Bret.

The would be willing to do the odd one with the fittings but they would charge me an extra £60.00 for fitted them due to the time involved doing it. Are the fittings worth an extra £60?

someone needs a new supplier :p

LOL!!!

Trust me the quality of the items they make are fantastic and although it can be difficult at times with things like this, they are a great manufacturer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...