Who is using LED brake lights?

So I ordered some dual filament T20 wedge base LEDs for the GT, and tried to fit them just now.

They're not behaving normally:

- If I partially insert a bulb then it lights up but when I go to press the brakes they do not get brighter.

- Then when I fully clip the bulb in, it doesn't light up at all. If I then switch the bulb round 180 degrees as you often need to with LEDs, then it turns all the brake lights on bright (including spoiler brake light).

If I use a single filament (brake) bulb on the bottom, it functions as normal but the dual ones are giving me problems!

I fitted some LED indicators yesterday with resistors all round and they work perfectly, so I'm not sure whether this would have any impact on the brake lights? When I fitted LED brake bulbs to the NA I didn't get any funny business and no resistors were required.

With regards to the wiring loom, I've noted that each pair of brake bulbs share a power for both SIDELIGHT and BRAKELIGHT. Again, not sure if this makes any difference!

Would like to get this sorted out!

Amjad

That's what I was thinking, I fiddled with the pins a bit only to get the same result. I was thinking this however, may be the problem:

$T2eC16ZHJHkFFmGy7Z72BR6YFrS0qw~~60_57.J

I believe the socket's may have the arrangement as shown on the right side of the diagram. I guess the only way to be sure is to try the bulbs in another GT to make sure it's the bulbs at fault and not my car!

Also LED's work one way, remember that. Not like a conventional bulb that will work what ever the polarity is (Postive and Negative can be either way). So get a multimeter and check that the live is where it should be and earth where it should

Yeah Jamie! The ones I've bought recently are weird, they work regardless of the polarity haha!

I'm hoping these new ones work, theyre the super bright CREE ones like you get on new premium cars ;)