TD04 TD05 Turbo questions

now that's a well debated question,

personally id say not much point using a TD05 on a stock engine as the gains are gonna be minimal under 1 bar but the lag will be quite noticeable over a TD04

but not saying you cant use a TD05 on a stock engine as many have and do......

Edited by russ78

I think the TD04 is 'in its prime' around 1 bar (which suits a standard engine well) and kinda hitting its limits at 1.4 bar.

TD05 shifts it all up, so it'll run best at over 1 bar (?) and go up to 1.6-1.7. Obviously you're pushing it by running it at over 1 bar on a standard engine, but under 1 bar, the TD05 likely won't really have woken up so it's going to be alot less driveable than the TD04 i.e a lot more laggy for no real gain.

For bigger power on a forged engine then you'd be better with the TD05, but the TD04 would work well up to around 1.4 bar.

That's the mega simple explanation anyway, I'm sure someone more technically proficient can give you extra detail if you want it!

I think the TD04 is 'in its prime' around 1 bar (which suits a standard engine well) and kinda hitting its limits at 1.4 bar.

TD05 shifts it all up, so it'll run best at over 1 bar (?) and go up to 1.6-1.7. Obviously you're pushing it by running it at over 1 bar on a standard engine, but under 1 bar, the TD05 likely won't really have woken up so it's going to be alot less driveable than the TD04 i.e a lot more laggy for no real gain.

For bigger power on a forged engine then you'd be better with the TD05, but the TD04 would work well up to around 1.4 bar.

That's the mega simple explanation anyway, I'm sure someone more technically proficient can give you extra detail if you want it!

perfect lol! mines is running with the ct12, what is better ct12 or a td04? tdo5 sounds like too much lag