Bigger brakes

Hi im new, i have a CRX Vtec and soon to own a EP82 GT turbo.

I have had a good search on your forum and have found some very useful info with regards to FMIC and exhausts B)

Im just wondering are there any brakes off another toyota or other car that are a direct replacement for the EP82 brakes but bigger? Will the master cylinder need upgrading?

Just thought i would enlighten you on my plans for the car B) :

Fully stripped including any sound deadening

WERP 2.5inch turbo back system

FMIC

Either piggyback ecu or Boost cut controller

Bigger brakes

Smaller wheels (has 16's atm)

Small shot of nitrous

It already has an HKS actuator and damping adustable suspension

Are there any other say fuel or engine modifications i would need to get the car to run safely at around 180bhp (without nitrous)?

Are you talking 180bhp at the fly or wheels?

You will need some sort of fuel controller for that kind if figure the CT9 will be right on it's upper limits to achive that figure anyways you might be best looking at the TD04 route.

Simon

Simon - im looking for around 180 at the flywheel

Jaystar - Im pretty new to starlets and dont have much idea of what the OEM fuel system is capable of? Is it not just a case of remapping/piggyback (apexi)? OR will bigger injectors/fuel pump be needed?

I was thinking of being a bit cheap and using a RRFPR and setting it up using wideband but would this work with the rest of the fuel system being stock?

The stock setup will fuel cut at 1 bar of boost as a safety parameter.  This being said it's still not safe to 'bounce' off fuelcut. 

Easy option is an aftermarket ECU which will adjust everything to suit.  Basically plug and play although price may be a factor.

The cheaper option of fitting a RRFR, fuelcut defender and possibly an upgraded fuel pump is the more common route although reliability is all in the tune.  Would involve more roller time but don't let this put you off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of aftermarket ECU's are just plug and play then? Do you just predefine a AFR then and it maps itself? rough price? (i will probably cry when i see the price) B)

I kind of realised it wasnt safe to keep on hitting the fuel cut as it must make the car run lean for that little period of time?

cheers for the help

What Jay has said is good advise the tock manifold is pants.

As for the FCD v ECU it all depends on how far you plan to take your tune for what you are after 189 @ fly an FCD and fuel preuure regulator "should" be ok. If you want to go further then an upgraded fuel pump and some 330 or even 440cc injectors might be needed.

Simon

Depends how far you want to go my setup is:

Cusco master cylinder brace

APP stainless brake lines

Std rear discs with project mu pads

Levin 2 pot front calipers

Corolla discs 5mm thicker than stock

EBC red stuff pads

Simon