Theoretical Boost control options...

Let's say you have a nice round 300hp from your engine...in a front wheel drive car.

In first and second unless the boost is limited, you're going to spin like crazy...or are you? The reason I ask is that I have 2 options with the car, either a greddy mechanical boost dial, set at xxx psi or a Blitz SBC Type-R (old one). Neither can control boost at certain revs/gears.

Do I flog them both and buy an AVC-R? or will it not make much difference to track day/acceleration anyway?

I doubt you'll find many tracks that have corners requiring 2nd, yet alone 1st gear downshifts, so you should in theory by fine...perhaps limit boost slightly in third and full bones on 4th & 5th. Or could try to find one of the devices that gradually wind the boost on as the revs rise for the first few gears to be absolutely fine. Tightest track I went to was Curborough, and yes sure, that was mostly a 2nd gear track (most others were in 3rd gear, the Paseo has quite low gearing) but that's a very one-off case.

Mind you, on a wet track, with LSD & 110 rampant n/a Horsepower I was still spinning the wheels a lot on Silverstone...Yet alone with boost to worsen matters. In the end, throttle control dictates all...if not, a boost controller will help :)

That's very true...

In which case I may stick with the Blitz for ease of tweaking...I was only thinkin AVC-R as that will allow me to control the boost all through the rev range etc.

All being well I pick up the EP82 from Southampton on monday :) fingers crossed all is good!