**Oil gauges installation query**

Well folks,

As above,

I'm wanting to fit an Oil pressure & temp gauge. Got the gauges wired up in the car already,

Question is what all do I need to do this & is it easy enough done?

Here's a pic of the gauges & the engine parts I've already got myself.

Advice & tips welcome.

Bay parts.

20131101_163100_zps4c6ec4ab.jpg

Modified power steering yoke.

20131101_163124_zps8bc857fe.jpg

Gauges

20131027_195345_zpsdb130593.jpg

Al.

:)

Just bolt on the parts and wire sensors?

Cheers for the reply mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was thinking that, just wanted to make sure I've got everything needed before going at it,

if you get me.

Only need to get wire, from gauges to senders, as mine is cut short on them.

Al.

:)

Thanks for the link mate.

Only got what's in the photo's..

Do you know what sizes, the one's you're on about are?

because I'm hitting my local engineering shop tomorrow for some other bolts I need,

I could see if he has them.

Also, what's the best wire to use for connecting senders to gauges??

Al.

:):thumbsup:

The stock one I'm talking about is hex cap bolt, but you can replace it with any M16 x 1.5mm bolt.

You can see the bolt on this picture

Some basic multi strand wire should do the job :)

Edited by JayJ

do you have too buy that adaptor plate to fit a oil pressure gauge ? or can you just buy a universal gauge like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-NEW-2-52mm-OIL-PRESSURE-LED-POINTER-GAUGE-FOR-CAR-TRUCK-AUTO-/181164626722?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2e40d322 and wire it straight up ? cheers

do you have too buy that adaptor plate to fit a oil pressure gauge ? or can you just buy a universal gauge like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-NEW-2-52mm-OIL-PRESSURE-LED-POINTER-GAUGE-FOR-CAR-TRUCK-AUTO-/181164626722?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2e40d322 and wire it straight up ? cheers

You can replace the stock oil press switch with an aftermarket sensor, but you will need a 1/8bspt-1/8npt adaptor as the press sensor(1/8npt) has different thread than your block(1/8bspt)

• 2 weeks later...

I work at halfords they order them in every now and then, they do all kinds of gauges too such as TIM gauges which dont look too bad either :)

Can you get me any good deals on rip speed products? Namely the bolt on exhaust tips. LOL

How much do these gauges set you back!?

lol bring on the ripspeed digs aye! depends which gauge it is, the boost gauge which is always in stock is £25 rrp, we get them trade for around £15, I have one in mine :) the other gauges are all special order items im looking into an oil press and temp once im paid

yeah man the boost gauge I have is cool, can change it to a selection of 7 colours ;) or if youre real rice you can have all the colours fade into each other hahaa, just checked and theyre in the sale down to £12 for the boost gauge, its PSI reading though but I prefer that :)

Edited by EPnick22