Tf035 hybrid turbo

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has done a hybrid tf035 with a td04. Im planning on doing it in the near future i just want to know if anyone has done it so i know what figures i will get. I also want to know what figures people have got on the tf035 at what psi and what rpm they reach full boost. I know one guy in australia who has got 213 bhp at 1.1bar and full boost at 3200rpm. I recon its a better alternative to a td04 due to me doing alot of city driving.

Im running a tf035 on my gt and run 202.7hp at .9bar and full boost by bout 3200rpm.

I used to run a td04 before this with 220hp but didnt suit my driving style, i now get full boost near 1000rpm quicker, it still pulls strong up to the redline and you dont have to change gear as much.

Im not saying that the td04 was rubbish as it pulled like a train but why waste 1000rpm of boost for not much benefit

Kbond totally agree with you. 1000rpm is alot to waste. Im already on a td04. Thw thing is I drive in city and struggle to get on boost. But from what ive heard the tf035 dont pull to the redline. Thats why I wanted to hybrid it. And hybrid tf wont cost alot. Found a tf for 70 and a free td04. About 40 for balancing and 45 for rebuild kit. But turbo shud last long.

Im now debating if i shud just run the tf035

Maddox I was thinking of using the turbine and housing from the tf. And the compressor and housing from the td04. Should give me brilliant spool up. I still want to try it as its experimenting. U dont know of anyone whos done it!

Of the compressor housing fits on the back plate and the bigger td wheel fits the tf035 shaft then it will work. Also the td04 comp wheel will be bigger and heavier and may effect spool time.

Toffinator will be the best guy to talk to as he ran a tf for a while

Yh I guess the td12 should be similar. But j recon that would run out of puff at the redline. I just want to do this as I think it will be useful for everyone. As much as the Gains it will be useful.

The wheel in the tf does take td04 compressor wheel. Thats not a problem. Even the rebuild kit is the same. And I saw an ozzy selling this turbo but theres no info on it. If you all agree I think it would benefit us all by doing this. Results shud show something

I say try the tf as it is first to see what you think then if your not happy give it a go

I wouldnt say mine runs out of puff at all!

I have a spare engine here waiting to get forged then im gonna push the tf to the limit and see what it can do :)

Yh I guess the td12 should be similar. But j recon that would run out of puff at the redline. I just want to do this as I think it will be useful for everyone. As much as the Gains it will be useful.

The wheel in the tf does take td04 compressor wheel. Thats not a problem. Even the rebuild kit is the same. And I saw an ozzy selling this turbo but theres no info on it. If you all agree I think it would benefit us all by doing this. Results shud show something

It doesn't run out of pufff at the redline....

IMG_1649_zps73da86a8.jpg

Also note the temperature during that dyno run- 28degC High boost was 1.2bar

Edited by WallaceGlanza

How long have you been running 1.2 bar? Ive never seen anything with a torque and power curve like that!!!!!

Yeah it is a good powerband!

It ran 1 track day and about 40 miles on back roads (about 200miles in total) then dropped compression in cylinder 4 but the engine had a hard life and was over 100k miles, I've not taken it apart yet but suspect it's just the piston rings as it had been smoking for a wee while.