Noob - From the Ole Skool days

Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker, so thought I 'd finally post a thread up.

I used to be a member on TGTT.com back in 2004 - 2008 ish.

I used to own a lightly modded 95" ep82 advance. It was intially bought over from Japan, by Steve, from Avanti Motor Company in Scotland. I wasnt keen on the 2 tone colour,but Steve assured me that it was one of the best examples he had ever seen. So I gave him the green light, and when the car arrived from JP Steve had his bodyshop respray the lower half of the car black :)

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Spec was:

Hks Power Intake (Relocated behind the headlamp)

Hks SSQV BOV

Autofixed Custom Made 2.5" Turbo Back Exhaust System

Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller(Running 0.85 Bar Max Boost)

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

Autometer Boost Guage

Momo Steering Wheel

Chassis:

D2 Fully Adjustable Coilovers with adjustable pillow ball mounts

Cusco Adjustable Panhard Rod

15" Enkei Rims

New Oem discs with Mintex 1144 Front Pads

The Reg was M993 TTS - I sold it to a dude in Reading in the end iirc. Would love to know if anyone on here owned it now, or knew any info about it.

I then sold the ep82, and went to the darkside for a while, with a 97" CTR EK9....Awesome car, and probably the best handling car I've had to date.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

I now have a vag tdi as my sensible comfy daily.....soooo boring to drive in comparison to jdm cars though:(So I ve now managed to get my hands on another ep82....6 years later!. Its a lil rough around the edges, and needs some bits and bobs (new drivers side door mainly), good clean, full service, discs and pads all round etc. But mechanically, it runs perfect.

So I'm hoping to get it back on the road, and get it to a similar spec as my old starbo....but I keep getting crazy ideas about going td04 and fully forged maybe....I guess thats what hanging around on this site does to you....you see some epic build/prpject threads and you start to get ideas lol.

Anyway, I look forward to talking to/meeting some of you at some point maybe

Thanks

DJ

Thanks for the warm welcome peeps.

@GP82....lol yeah, they're quite addictive once you've owned one. Even though I've owned better cars since, theres something a little special about Gts that has always made me want another one.