I've got a ep91 with a td04 turbo set up running at 1bar of boost. When under heavy acceleration I seem to loose a bit of boost. Basically the car hits full boost and the boost gauge reads 1 bar but then drops to 0.8/0.9 and seems to fluctuate between the two very quickly. Feels almost like the cars hitting the limiter but its at around 5-6000 rpm. it doesn't happen all the time seems to happen most when accelerating hard in third gear but then in fourth it will just hold a steady 1 bar. Any help to what the problem could be would be much appreciated.

What engine management system you running?

Greddy e-manage blue.

Boost leak if it's dropping off.

that's what I was thinking but wouldn't it just drop off and stay low if it was leaking? its weird how it goes back up to 1 bar and down again repeatedly.

not yet, its the first thing I will check when I get chance at the weekend as I haven't had any time to do anything yet. Just I'm not sure its a leak as it goes back up which I thought a leak would just give a constant lower boost pressure.

Cant find any boost leaks and it seems to hold a steady 1 bar sometimes so cant see how a leak would be intermittent, it would always have a lower boost reading. Not sure what else to check, could it possibly be a dodgy actuator?