again 16"s on the back dropped 40mm or maybe more..4 people in my car on coilovers around 40mm maybe more and 16" wheel it would rub occasionally until I rolled the arches back. Reckon you'd be alright with 15s and 40mm springs tbh.

• 1 month later...

I've lowered it have a 38 offset but seems like wheels will catch with too much weight in the back. Also the spring seats on the rear shocks are a bigger diameter than standard so springs are bigger. Are all gas shocks the same as need to replace the rears as knocking when hitting bumps etc

May cause issues with having standard shocks as there not doing the same job as they are on standard springs, they will still work but will wear quicker resulting in your shocks not working, which will put more pressure on your springs which will most likely cause them to snap. As a result of what the previous owner did, this is what happened to me. The duration the shocks wear depends on how low you go. Would recommend a shock upgrade with lowering springs.

after I sort the last remaining exterior bits, I will be turning my attention to suspensions. I was thinking oe replacement shocks(guess kyb's best on the market) with 35mm lowering and run 15in corolla e120 or 2nd gen yaris 8spoke wheels. Originally wheel choice was 2nd gen yaris sport 6 spoke wheels, but they only come in 16in size and changed my mind after reading above.

I am after better handling while sacrificing as little comfort as possible. roads here, other than major arteries, are s''t.

What is the best shock-spring-wheel combo which suits my requirement?

thanks