Spark, Fuel(def in 3 pots)...engine turning....but no start!

Starlet is a bog standard 4efe 1300 unit. It's been absolutely faultless. I started it on Sunday and moved it 2 feet. My partner went to start it on Monday and it didn't want to know. She had run it low on fuel, but it wasn't empty. I have now put a gallon or so in...but it's made no difference.

So I've checked spark on all plugs....they all spark. Plugs 1, 2 and 3 were wet with fuel, but 4 was not. I could also see fuel going into head in first 3 pots when engin turned over, but could not see this in 4.

Could this be what is preventing car starting? If this is a blocked injector, are they easily removed and cleaned or should I buy new?....

If it's not the injector.... does anyone have any other clues?

One thing the car has always done is to randomly miss a beat under load...

All thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers.... Jas

Seems a bit strange, one reason these cars don't start sometimes is if the inlet manifolds been removed there's a bunch of earths on the back of it that people forget to put on.

Might be worth checking them.

Injectors are easily removed, unbolt the fuel rail wiggle it off and the injectors just pull out.. try swapping one of the working ones to number 4 position see if it changes anything.

I'll try the earth thing tomorrow. I agree...lots of the elec bits are looking very tired. I also thought it should run with only three pots firing. It does sort of try, but really only a bit...mostly just turns over....could it be a sensor of some kind?

Well if your plugs are wet it could be the reason. Take em off and dry it. Also your engines proberly flooded because it didnt start. Pull your leads off and just let them hang on the plugs but not all the way it increases the power in the spark. A way to check if theres no fuel getting there is to buy easy start and just spray into your inlet and see if it does start. Then you will know if its a fuel problem