TD05 bit of info if you would be so kind

Hello all,

Have been looking online as I am thinking of another starlet as I didn't manage to get the full fun out of my first one due to job loss.

Anyway I have been looking online and seen a couple. I am mainly after a MK1 as I prefer them to the others I have seen one online that looks interesting but need to know a few things before I do. I know a few things about these cars but not about this turbo set up. It is running a TD05 what is the difference between this ant the TD04 as I know that is the most common upgrade. It does have quite a lot of upgrades to it which make me a bit nervous as it has done 109 miles without a new engine by the sounds of things the spec is below if you could tell me what you think I would be grateful.

TD05 running safe 0.9bar boost

Tomz tecs ecu

HKS actuator

Toyo sports manifold

Autobahn88 front mount

FPR

Uprated injectors unknown make

Uprated clutch

Civic rad

Manual boost controller

Japspeed full exhaust

Toad cat1

A TD05 is bigger than a TD04, it will spool later but is capable of more power.

Whether you need or want a TD05 is up to you and depends on your power goals, I've been out of the Starlet scene for a while so can't remember exact figures but basically if you're only aiming for just over 200bhp then a TD04 is fine, however if you're aiming for big power then stick with the TD05.

Edited by ste91