• 8 months later...

I'm a massive fan of GT. Grown up playing it. Forza is good, but it's no match for GT in my opinion. I loved 5, did take few Updates don't get me wrong. I feel you guys when you said it's crap. But they spent so long working the updates it got a lot better. Also it was only until I after 2 years of playing 5 that I used the Logitech Driving Force for the first time and OH MY IT BLEW MY MIND! GT just changed in a big way. Since then I bought the G27 and GT6 was again just a massive improvement.

​You will not understand WHY GT6 is better in almost everyway to GT5 until you play on a decent setup. Believe me, as a life long fan of GT it was only until a few years ago when I discovered the feedback wheels did I actually fall in love with the GT series all over again. From having banging cars like the starlet :D to shitty cars like 60's splitscreen. Every car feels different on a decent wheel and the feedback is imersive. When you compare that to the controller you have a whole new appreciation for the game. I appreciate those who play on the controller, cause that was me for so many years, but now I only play if I have the wheel setup (recently it's been far too nice and I packed it up for my Uni exams) but come the winter that game will again see serious mileage.

​If you want advice on a decent wheel, grab the GT Driving Force. I've had both the Driving Force and the G27 (the only real differnce is the 6 speed box and clutch). For the money they're pretty much the same thing. I prefer the G27 because you get the clutch and a nice cheap mod allows the brakes to get a progressive feel to it. Also with GT, unlike many other games I've played, you have to feather the clutch off the line, line in real life. And can stall it. All of which you can't feel, do on a controller. Little details like resting your foot on the clutch when you shift revs the car out stuff I've done in real life is replicated nicely when you have a decent wheel. And it's these small things that add up when you are on the wheel. Seriously decent developers and deserve credit to them.

​I appreciate for casual gaming, forza maybe better, the amount of cars, the details when using a wheel and the attention to detail makes me love GT. Plus they have two stroke engines on there :D