Should I get new headbolts when changing Headgasket?

Well, don't be offended please, but I won't so such a bad work. If they are stretching ones I'll replace them.

Sometimes tuners tend to do things only halfhearted or illegal, like a decat, I'd rather use a bigger cat with fewer cells than throwing the cat out. It's more work and more expensive but it's one time upgrade and I won't get trouble with TÜV or the cops.

Same with the bolts, if they were reusable okay, as it's still my old NA with 220k km on the clocks. But as they are not reusable I'll get new ones. I already saved on the gaskets as I got a head rebuild kit out of UK for not even 50Euro. So I'll rebuild the whole head instead of just changing the headgasket, just so I can drive it hopefully 30k km more. Then either the engine is on it's last leg or the car wants to go farther and it will get a 5E. Maybe even with a turbo. Depends on fuel prices and my job then. And if I can get a EP95 ;)

Edited by Xpect

I get a bit cheaper ones from Bosch. Have a friend working in a local Bosch garage (is that the word for a shop that repairs cars?).

Well but I pay the shop price, not the end user price. Is OE spec but roughly around 15 pound then. The inly Bosch thing the cars don't like are their spark plugs ^^