HELP Engine management light,revs drop

Started on the way home a slight judder/misfire around 2krpm.just went out again and was worse. Revs even dropped to zero then went back up again this time. Happened a few times and conked out once and wouldn't restart for a while.any ideas what this could be???

Edited by Ollieh17

you will loose idle after removing the a/c// just re adjust the idle screw under the rubber grommet on the top of the throttle body.. as for management light coming on.. do a self diagnostic, it will tell you exactly why the light came on and may source the actual problem

nope not fuel cut, it'll boost fine then when i cruise again the revs will keep dropping. Without doing the diagnostics, im guessing its something to do with the spark plugs/ignition they look old and 'crusty'. But i don't get why if i drive slow with no boost its fine. Starts up in the morning fine too

Its fine when boosting thats the strange thing, but then off boost it starts misfiring/juddering. Did try a diagnostic:

>let the car get to temp

>turned off

>bridged connection with paperclip e1 to te1 or whatever it is

>turned ignition to on

light just stays on and doesn't flash

this is what mike from TD sent me when I was having problems mate :

Check your earths and maybe add a couple of extras to help things.

ECU codes, in the diagnostic port under the bonnet, bridge TE1 and E1 with a paperclip, then put your ignition to the on position, count the flashes from the ECU light and let me know what the codes are.

It'll give you two numbers for each code, with a pause between them, ie:

Flash... Flash... Flash........................... Flash

That would be code 31

Cheers

Mike @ TD

As far as I'm aware there's not a need to warm her up first if there's a fault the ecu would have stored it until the battery is disconnected for 5-10mins / ecu disconnected

Hope that helps abit

James