Hi guys,

Just bought a starlet ep82 a month ago and im very happy only i have a little problem!!

I noticed the other day that my coolant was way below the minimum mark so i checked under the radiator cap and i couldnt see any in there too. I filled up the bottle top half way and seemed fine. After a motorway drive i pulled in and it was coming out of the overflow everywhere! Carried on driving and it was fine staying at a constant temprature. I pulled up into a garage and after being on tickover for a while it was really coming out everywhere again. I really dont know whats wrong with it and i dont know if its bad or not! Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks :)

Yer it is a muddy brown colour! I have it booked in on wednesday now as i do not wish to cause any major damage! also turned my boost right down for the time being to reduce any risk to the engine. Im gathering from this info it could be a number of things?!?! Any ideas what maybe?

Thanks again guys!

Ok, silly question, but to change the coolant, is it simply a case of disconnecting the hose from the top of the bottle, and then undoing the bottle from wherever it's attatched to?

(in order to empty it)

Only asking as my coolant is all muddy brown looking.

Hi there, Rite ive had the coolant system flushed and a new rad cap and no problems since (fingers crossed)! Im going to monitor it closely and make sure its sorted but all good so far!!

Also in reference to people with same problem i took my car to a garage and he flushed the system twice through and filled it rite up with new coolant for £25 quid which i didnt think was bad and definanlty worth doing! :(

Theres 1 other thing ive noticed which worries me a bit!

When driving my car the heaters are really hot as expected but when i stop and leave it on idle the heaters seem to cool down a bit and only chuck out warmish air rather than really hot even though the engine tempratures the same! Is this normal or could it be another problem?