Much needed help wiring speakers!

So basically I've fitted uprated front speakers into my EP91 starlet using the original wires by just connecting them up, I've also put two 6x9 parcel shelf speakers in but when i was wiring it all up there's obviously only two places for speaker wires into the main loom (if thats what you would call it) as that is the factory setup so I just merged the wires so that 4 wires were going into two slots, therefore the front speakers are now doing all the work blasting out the music and becoming distorted at even low volumes (mainly because they are just 4" speakers) and the 6x9s are barely making any noise and doing about 10% of the work where they are supposed to be the main bassy loud speakers. As im sure you can tell after reading this far I know pretty much nothing about car electronics and don't have a clue what to do, Its just frustrating having spent a lot of money on good quality speakers for them to sound awful, I'm sure it will be an easy fix but I don't have a clue. Would love any help at all!

Well. First of all only put one speaker per channel. Using two speakers (and different ones at that) on one channel like you do leads to both soundin shit and lowers the impendance to a half of the original one and in worst case kill your headunit.

I got exactly the same in mine, what you bed to do is leave the 4" in the front wired off the main loom and purchase a 2 channel amp of how many watts output you want/ what the speakers can handle with out blowing them and use a pre-out put from the head unit and wire the amp up and wire the speakers off the amp that way they'll have there own full supply of power rather than piggy backing and stealing signal off the existing onces hope this helps :)

I got exactly the same in mine, what you bed to do is leave the 4" in the front wired off the main loom and purchase a 2 channel amp of how many watts output you want/ what the speakers can handle with out blowing them and use a pre-out put from the head unit and wire the amp up and wire the speakers off the amp that way they'll have there own full supply of power rather than piggy backing and stealing signal off the existing onces hope this helps :)

thanks man that really helps a lot! Ill look into it! :)