This has been getting on my nerves recently!! It maybe me being very stupid,

Looking at these dial faces below, as you can see ones mph and ones kmh, what I don't understand is for example 100kmp is roughly 60mph but is the number on these dials are in the exactly the same place, I know a lot of people cover over the k on the dial face and put a m but how can this be right, I know people use speedo converters but but that doesn't change the dial face?? If someone could help that would be great, I might be having a very dull moment I'm not sure

image_zps3b533713.jpg

Some dials keep the same digit layout just changing kmph to mph for use with a convertor and the cheaper way to do it is just change the facia to one where the numbers are moved about to show it in mph without convertor on the box this way you keep mileage in km and you keep the speed limiter

Some dials keep the same digit layout just changing kmph to mph for use with a convertor and the cheaper way to do it is just change the facia to one where the numbers are moved about to show it in mph without convertor on the box this way you keep mileage in km and you keep the speed limiter

That's what I think mine has. It still clocks in km's at the moment. But, it only goes up to 110mph on the clocks and by looking at the plasmas, that would make my clocks all wrong in terms of speed.

I want to go plasma soon so I guess I'll need a speedo converter then! I was hoping I had one lol

That's what I think mine has. It still clocks in km's at the moment. But, it only goes up to 110mph on the clocks and by looking at the plasmas, that would make my clocks all wrong in terms of speed.

I want to go plasma soon so I guess I'll need a speedo converter then! I was hoping I had one lol

If you were to use the plasmas without a convertor you would use the kph set as 110 mph is the same as 180kph.

All someone has done with yours is put a mph overlay on your kph dials

Edited by morgey
  • 5 weeks later...

just bought a set of these! in kph,

how would i know if theres a converter on mine?

its got mph dials in there at the moment and 30 mph is 30mph. so would that mean its got a converter on it? if so would the reading "80kph" actually be 80mph with the new indiglo dials, but the facia just says kph?

not sure if im making much sense!

any help would be amazing!

Cheers

Sion.

Edited by Shwdii Beii

Probably not got a convertor by sounds of that as your dial fascia probably converts it the convertor sits between gbox and speedo cable you can easily spot em. It also removes the 110mph speed limit if you have3 one.

Most most indiglos come with both fascias if new. they are usually both kph dials just with mph and kph on them so you'd need a convertor or just memorise 80 kph = 50mph etc

Edited by TurboTobz

ahh right i see, not bought new, bought off here! then realised its in kph. so if i was to get a converter the kph would then be in mph even though the facia would say kph ha?

itll go over 110mph, so that would indicate that i dont have a converter :S?

where would i get one of these converters? would much rather be reading in mph!

Cheers

Sion.

• 1 month later...