Doing a mini service on the Glanza within the next few weeks, and i'm having a few gearing issues recently. Spoke to my local mechanic who really knows his stuff and he's recommended changing the gearbox oil first as i dont think its ever been changed.

Just wondering how much ill need to do a full change on a non LSD Glanza 'box and also what rating i should use?

Cheers guys

Liam

Recommended API GL-4

SAE 75W-90

Models before 1996

C140,C141,C150,C153 - 2.4L

C52 - 2.6L

Models after 1996

C140, C150, C153 - 1.9L

C56 (WITH LSD) - 2.2L

C56 (Without LSD) - 1.9L

C50F - 2.2L

API GL-4 may be a minimum requirement as my C50F as a GL-5 sticker on it.

Edited by DevonGT

Am sure you can get away with doing it with 2L if you stand their long enough getting every last drop out, but just easier to buy 3L.

Any good brand such as Fuchs, Motul, Redline will work well :)

I use Fuchs 75/90 race something, with a Quaife LSD, 2L will do it, expensive stuff so wouldn't fork out for 3l when they only take 1,9l

If you have a clutch type LSD then I'd be looking into a specific oil for them, ive found the Red Line MT works well with the cusco 2 way clutch type

75w90 is most common used mate. Unless the car is heavily abused or has some serious gearbox problems your trying to cover up then thats what I would stick to.

I wouldn't worry too much about specific standards that the oil meets, just go for a good brand as its likely they will cover if not exceed the required standards.

Thanks very much for the knowledge guys! As far I know the box is 100% and it has a hardcore blitz active race clutch and flywheel in there so they should be okay. And I'm not running enough power to start killing boxes (i don't think)

Gonna go for the silkolene pro stuff as that's what engine oil I run. So I'll get 2l of 75w90 ordered tonight