Turns out my turbos decided to go pop.
I had a GT28RS running about 300bhp, fully forged.

Obviously it could be rebuilt, but the guys at the garage said it's likely to just go pop again because it's in a bad way.

What turbo should I get? Obviously I don't want to loose any power, but I have no idea where to begin.

The current turbo has so much turbo lag you wouldn't believe, but I loved the power.

Any ideas, and/or links to some decent turbos would be appreciated.

Just had a new custom made manifold/exhaust de-cat system made as well so something which matches up is important.

Thanks.

Edited by rockrees

What flange is your manifold? Im guessing you dont want to change your manifold with the turbo. Also im thinking your engine is forged so isit a 4e or a 5e?

Edited by Turk

By the way you can go for a hybrid td04. You should see 300 just about. Should spool earlier. Also theres other ways of making you spool earlier. Heat wrap your manifold. Ceramic coat it. Also get a turbo jacket. The heat in the flow gives the gas extra kinetic energy and moves it faster giving better spool up. Another turbo to get will be a k04 turbo. Just have a look around.

Edited by Turk

Sorry for the slow reply, fitting shouldn't be a problem because there all engineers so can fit just about anything.

It's a 5efte bottom end, fully forged.

Could be rebuilt, but it's gonna take ages to import parts from God knows where and i want the car for the 18th.

Not heard of a k04 before, ill have a look thanks everyone :)

Liam_d is your man if you want a rebuild from what I've seen on here he's a magician with tubbys.

gt28s are very expensive personally unless I was looking to break 350 and head to 400 area id stick with td/vf turbos as they are readily available and cheaply.

• 3 weeks later...