What are component speakers like?

Currently running cheap 10cm pioneer coaxials in the dash and an 8" Vibe 300w RMS underseat sub. Clarity is decent but it's not too loud. Overall a reasonably balanced sound but lacking a bit in mid range basss

I was considering getting some amped 13cm speakers (coaxial or component), and wanted to know which one people would recommend going for..

I'm after a bit more power & more mid range bass whilst retaining clarity.

Thanks

Amjad

Component is always better.

The reason is the acustical capacity of the human ear. The higher the frequencies the better the ear can estimate where the sound is coming from.

Best would be to get 16cm middle frequency speakers in the doors and small high frequency ones in the mirror triangles aimed directly at your ears.

I was looking to get 13cm to fit optional door card speaker pods. How would I go about fitting larger speakers?

Any recommendations as to which brand? Was looking into a used pair of Focals or perhaps a set of Vibes

Well, normally the doorboards for the speakers are built and not bought. For best results it's not only fitting speakers, it's also sound deadening the door and forming a perfect space for the speakers. Like building a perfect case for a sub it's also the same with building the perfect case for speakers

Well and on brands, I have one I want but I don't know if you can get it in the UK. Also with 180Euro they are not cheap.

If you wanna make your own door cards it's pretty simple just take your current ones off and use them as a stencil for your mdf and cut a hold for your speaker and if you want your arm rest/window switch the cut hole for that and fit then there is a small metal braket in the acutaul door with need removing near the front edge were speakers would be in a normal car there is a how 2 guide just have a search

That's it essentially. My English on this specific topic wasn't good enough to explain it myself, sorry.

by the way I'd choose Replay Audio. It's a small company run by a german car-hifi enthusiast who thought there was nothing on the market affordable with perfect quality so he just built it.