Daily diesel starting

Hi all!

My new diesel daily.. Mondeo 2010 tdci 2.0 ( I know it aibt a starbo, but you guys have helped me out tonnes before! ) basic clay when I start it in mornings from cold it idles rough but then soon after a couple of blips it clears up... Any ideas??

Could be one of a couple if things. Firstly glow plugs, not too expensive to buy worth changing. Engine earths, ensure you have a good earth to your engine from the battery. The glow plugs do use a lot of current to heat up and any resistance will affect the performance of them. Diesel leaking "back to the tank". Diesels have a habit of leaking air into the fuel system. Air is much easier to suck or pull than fuel in a fuel system on a diesel. The first couple of seconds could just be using the fuel in the filter until the air is expelled (causing lumpy running) then diesel from the tank will be drawn through. Either way check/change glow plugs first then check for air leaks. That's when it gets interesting.

To check the glow plug you will need to remove the inlet manifold. It's really easy to do. It's quite a common problem for the mondeo to start up rough. It can be down to a cylinder low on compression. You can put a clamp meter on the starter wire to check for that. The pumps wear out on them also which results in the injectors becoming blocked up over time.