Confused with battery possitive and alternator and starter wires

So I'm just plugging everything in in the engine bay and I can't figure out which ones for the alternator and one for the starter, I thought I found the battery possitive but if can't be it as there's another plug on the loom right by the connection as shown in picture, so will my battery positive come from the fuse box as there's 2 lugs one for possitive and one for negative with 10mm nuts holding them down, any help and pictures would be great , thanks

6628A5D6-71EB-4DA4-ABCB-7AA78B217AF9_zps

That should go to the alternator post.

To check, using a multimeter check for connectivity between that post and the largest diameter wire on the alternator plug as they join inside the loom about 3/4 of the way back to the fuse box. The starter post cable runs directly from the battery positive and is a single wire.

I've got a EP82 charge circuit separated out if you need photos.

So I found a diagram which looks like the positive terminal goes to the fusebox as I thought , so on the starter there's a post for a wire with a loop to go on then there's a little spade one, which one goes to the starter post earth or positive?

Ok here you go - this is from a EP82 4efte:

Alternator plug top left - alternator post terminal has been cut off as I needed it for a conversion but you can see the wire and how it joins back to the white wire from the alternator plug anyway. This then runs to the fuse box.

Starter wire - runs independantly of other wiring straight to the starter post.

Note: There are no ground wires to the alternator as said incorrectly said above, or to the starter motor for that matter.

20140128_095257.jpg