Alternator help. VIDEO INSIDE!

Not sure if this is the correct section but yolo anyway.

The car has started to develop a very weird ticking like noise over the alternator side. Does it even when I'm driving. What is the problem anyone? Alternator bearings gone on the wheel? Or bearings gone on the bottom pulley?

Changing the belt wouldn't help I don't think, as it sounds a bit more mechanical than just the belt.

Really need some help though cause it's doing my fucking tits in.

Edited by Rbz.

This is the only video i can find of the noise is makes (not my car). I know the fuel stabilizer or whatever the fuck it is on the end of the inlet plenum makes a clicking noise, but it's coming from that area and is LOUDER than the noise in this video (but same sound just louder).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_C-duyfwI

what management my old boost solenoid did this really bad?

stupid question but does it get faster with engine speed?

Just standard at the moment, got emu to get fitted and mapped but need to sort this problem out first.

Urm, doesn't get faster as such, it gets louder at points when the car is on idle and sometimes does it when driving too. It gets really fucking loud though!!

Edited by Rbz.

unplugged the sensor on the end and the boost solenoid for it to be the alternator bearing I would expect it to get faster,

The IACV sensor do you mean mate?

Yeah ok, that makes sense i guess.. The alternator is fine tbh, and can't put my finger on the noise because it is all in the same area so it's really hard to tell.

I'll unplug the IACV though and see if it does away, right?