Stripping standard seats to use rails for recaro's - help needed (including pics)

Hello guys, I've bought some Accord type r recaro's and after a little bit of reading it seems that everyone is modifying the standard rails as opposed to buying recaro or bride ones.

Today I have stripped down my passenger seat and have drawn a blank as to what needs to be done next? I was under the belief that the seat would just be bolted to the rail and it would just come away ready for a couple of plates to be welded on but it appears that this is not the case?

Are the seats in my EP91 just different from everyone else's? Do I have to butcher and cut these rails up to make them flat ready for plates to be welded in? What are my options?

Any help would be great! :) pics below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Waiting for answers here, as i plan on doing the exact thing.

Yep I'm hoping someone has come across this before as I'm desperately trying to do this on a budget! Recaro/Bride rails are too expensive :(

They way i did it was:

Buy one of these from demon tweeks

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seat-mounting-frames-universal/recaro-double-locking-runners-left-right-hand-bow-inside

Drill off the spot welds that hold the feet on the standard rails, bolt them onto those universal rails

Job done

If there a hole to chuck a bolt through on the feed of OEM rails then?

Or, do you need to make one?

Also, same goes for the rails you linked, is there a bolt hole or do you need to drill?

If there a hole to chuck a bolt through on the feed of OEM rails then?

Or, do you need to make one?

Also, same goes for the rails you linked, is there a bolt hole or do you need to drill?

THeres a hole on the rail i linked

and on the seats you drill where the spot weld was, which you had to do to get the feet off the rail anyway

They way i did it was:

Buy one of these from demon tweeks

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seat-mounting-frames-universal/recaro-double-locking-runners-left-right-hand-bow-inside

Drill off the spot welds that hold the feet on the standard rails, bolt them onto those universal rails

Job done

is that price for a pair or single rail??

I done this with impreza seats, took the standard rails off my gt seats and lined them up with the impreza seats marked where I needed to drill holes then nut and bolted the rails on.

Took awhile to line them up and getting them to sit level but seem fine

• 5 months later...