Modifying ep82 Seat Rails ??

Does anyone know if there is anyway to modify the rails on an ep82 to go further back?

I quite like seatiing position in the GT, however my older brother needs to use the car too, and he has bad knees /sports injury.

So I some how need to be able to get the seats to go slightly further back.

Is there anyway to do this, or will I need different seats and rails?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up peeps. Driven my GT a couple of times, and feel like I'm sat on stilts lol. Is there anyway I could fit lower seat rails also?

Also, if I buy afermarket seats, and modify the stock rails, would the seat be able to go further back then stock?

Never done this before, so any help/pics would be appreciated.

This is just a guess Tim to try help you along but!, im guessing the seats have some sort of stopper on them somewhere and if you can take that off you should be able to go further back. It will only be some sort of stop plate rather than a mechanism. If you fancy it when im back I have two seat rails in the loft we can get one down and try it on that first saves you ruining yours and I wont mind if you brake mine :p

Wont be back for at least 2-3 more weeks though but more than happy to take a grinder to my spare rails when im back :girl_devil: haha

More than happy to take you up on that offer man lol.

Noob Question, but if the stopper is removed, will the seat still be able to lock in place securely on the rails?

ps TD04 kit finally arrived 8)

Yea should be able to still lock as that's a diff mechanism, I have the stopper pictured in my head just cant explain it lol just give me a couple weeks il be back and come to mine with a grinder haha

Has it that's good news !! check my build thread I have a few parts at home ready and I have some bits to rebuild my hybrid ct9

My cousin who owns his own garage has said he is gona get it in and get it all fixed up so it will pass an MOT then im taking it to TDI north to get geo set up, should be on the road near same time mate exciting stuff!!!

LOL. I'm onnit mate. Thanks a lot for that. well appreciated. Ideally I'd like the seat to sit lower, but I'm sure I'd have to get lower seat rails. Then not too sure whether lowered rails would fit the stock ep82 seats?

Cool, I'll check it out and have a look. Bet you can't wait to get back and get cracking with it :)

Sounds like a plan man!...Looking forward to going in a drive once they're done.

ps - check these guys out for geo setups too.

http://www.grinspeed.co.uk/index.html

Took my EK9 there, really cool guys to deal with and good prices too.