How high can the NA rev?

As in title. But I don't mean stock, rather how high are the internals safely capable to rev? Stronger Valve Springs would help, unfortunately I only found people wanting to sell aftermarket ones, never found FTE stock springs for sale. And afaik the NA ones are weaker while everything else is strengthwise the same afaik.

Realistically you will be limited by the cams as to when they stop making power.

Ideally you would need FTE valve springs but I probably wouldn't risk going past 8200rpm on a new set, or 7500 on a used set, if the car is going to be a race car then the valve springs I would probably change every 1000 miles. Would also recommend changing the mains and rod bolts to ARP.

The crank should be good for 9500rpm providing it hasn't been ground or lightened in anyway.

Thanks mate. Didn't find any info on that. Maybe I should start collecting Infos to make a true guide to Starlets in every aspect ;)

I have no job so why not ^^

Oh, is the crank in all 4Es the same? All Generations of NA or Turbos?

Also what about the 5E?

Edited by Xpect

Thanks mate. Didn't find any info on that. Maybe I should start collecting Infos to make a true guide to Starlets in every aspect ;)

I have no job so why not ^^

Oh, is the crank in all 4Es the same? All Generations of NA or Turbos?

Also what about the 5E?

As said above the 4EFE and 4EFTE cranks are the same, although they do share a different part number I believe as they are marked differently, the 4EFE crank is marked 4E and the 4EFTE crank is marked 4ET.

The 5E cranks are the same as the 4E cranks in terms of what they can take, you have to remember though that the higher you rev the engine the more the crankshaft journal is going to flex and go oval, the same can be said for the rod journals so if your planning on skimming the head take into account that the rod will pull on the crank as it reaches TDC effectively the rod will stretch.

I had a look at the 4EFTE crank from pics it looks to be a different material to the 5EFE crank, but I can't be 100% sure from just looking at pics, may just be because the cranks are dirty.