cryogenic treatment on gears???

Im toying with the idea of getting my gears cryo treated to toughen them up as I dont want my gearbox to strip any gears once the V comes back on the road in a couple of months,

Has anyone had this done or does anyone have any more info on the pros and cons for this procedure?

cant justify spending thousands on a dogbox as the car is only used in the summer for street and the odd trip to santa pod for a bit of drag racing.

I've never seen any hard evidence whether as to if it works or not. Since new gears are extremely costly I would look at getting your current gear set (providing they are in good condition) annealed to relieve the stress and fatigue in them.

No matter what you do though you are still going to be limited by gear/tooth width and tooth profile which is why aftermarket gearboxes are so expensive due to the R&D that goes into tooth profiling.

Ok im pretty certain it does work My mate had this done to his mazda familia gtr as the gearboxes are extremely weak he went through 3 gearboxes in the space of 1 year.

Hes not running massive power only 1 bar of boost and using a fuel and boost controller,

Since he had his box treated 2 years its held up really well and he launches it all the time.

If anyone knows much bout the mazda GTRs the 1st thing they will moan about is how weak the gear boxes are and most owners dream about fitting a celica gt4 box in them but its too costly and requires parts of the sub-frame to be modified for it to fit and stress plates being fitted.