Burning smell n smoke.. Please help.

Have a ep82 gt running standard boost n mostly standard parts and have a problem.

Engine runs great and feels really strong and it's fine when cold but when it warm and being driven for more than 20 mins I get a horrible burning smell coming from the bay and when u lift the bonnet u can see little wisps of white smoke coming up from under the top mount.

Looks maybe like it could be from the rocker cover or inlet/injectors somewhere or even underneath that. Nothing's on fire but Smells very hot back there n the smoke stinks.

Is there anything back there that might be leaking or anyone have any ideas? Taking a look tommorow so would be much appreciated.

is it a really bad smell? if it isnt your every day oil burning smell then i would take off the oil filler cap and if the smell gets worse/originates from there, you more than likely have an oil pressure issue (not enough oil reaching the head) and your actually "burning" the cams.

This happened to me once when i made a stupid mistake, put an n/a sump on as a quick fix, but was in a rush and forgot the pickup was longer, so crushed it and fried the head. Chunks of my cams where missing..

Thanks for input boys turbotobz you were right. Oil leaking from the sump and loads of grease from split cv boot had pissed onto exhaust and was burning off when hot.

Next questions best way to seal the sump? And is it worth replacing the driveshafts or just the split boot will be fine?

Appreciate the help