Wiring up reverse lights????

F02CE55A-C6E1-4AF5-9481-34785E630FEB_zps

Got these tail lights for the starlet and I tried to wire up the drivers reverse lights! So I took a wire from the passenger tail light and wired it into we're the fog light used to be in the drivers side and it worked so I plugged out the fog light button and put in a blank instead but when I did this my head lights wouldn't work until I plugged it back in again and when I put the car into reverse the light for the fog light in in my clocks comes on! Does anyone know how to sort tis problem?

Edited by Happyb

I know they all set us as a circuit so need to be connected. Such as if you remove your hazard switch your indicators won't work as they linked. Don't know why the rear fog would come up if the wires on the light are removed and new ones plugged from the near side one.

best of bringing a pair of wires from the passenger side reverse light (earth and live) and get another bulb holder and some wiring attached to it and connect the the wires you brought from the passenger side to that leave the fog light wiring attached then try the headlightssee if they are working
as for the fog light I'd leave that with a bulb in it if the headlight work remove the bulb try the headlights again if they don't work then the bulb must remain in the holder to maintain the circuit you could get a small led strip put it across the bottom of the back window inside the glass would be hidden
Or put a led light like off a trailer or something on a swivel hinge and make it tuck up under the bumper out of site then when there is fog you can twist it down and its on show

see its part of a loom that is looped in with the headlights so if it was removed would cause a problem with other parts in your case the headlights try what I suggested with the wiring coming from the passenger side and leave the fog light socket unplugged from the rear light cluster but with a bulb still in it once you have both rear reverse lights working you can sort a way of either by passing the fog light or been able to hide it away say in side the pocket but out of site or you could use the wiring from it to power something else a neon in the boot or a interior boot light as long as its connected in some way it wont cause any problems with the headlights