Could Be Engine, Could Be Turbo :S

So last night i thought ill take the starlet out a run as she has been sat in the garage a good few months, thought it would do her good to stretch off.

Went through the usual warm up procedure etc checked all fluids all clean topped up etc etc and then moved off out the garage onto the roads, for the first time in a while.

Had a bit of steam coming from the exhaust and i had put this down to condensation build up due to being sat for so long, but that was last night and all today i have been driving it and even putting some proper boost through it and it clears for a bit once i do that as if i have blown it out but then starts again after normall driving. So surely it cant be condensation

Now some of you will know i had a similar problem when i changed my turbo last time and it turned out i had spun the bearing in the turbo, surely not again, car was ran at 1.3 bar and is smoking white puffs when cruising and declaration on idle slightly and when i finally come to a stop at lights a second will go by then puff again.

Spoke to Mike @ Td today and he said he would honestly not worry about it as the car is running perfect was missing at over a bar of boost early this morning but it has cleared after a few miles. the car is driving perfectly as mentioned before but i cant have smoke coming from the back of it, i know mike knows his stuff but its hard to explain to someone who is on the phone tbh.

It is definetly not right anyway, checked the water,oil,under oil cap, in the exhaust for obvious signs, it was actually worse when i started it this morning as opposed to last night, mike said dropping the decat down probs wouldnt show anything up really

I understand it is winter, its a decatted car with a 2.5" system but its not a normal amount of smoke really, smells of general carbon/suity exhaust smell but not fuel

Any help with this would be appreciated as its frying my head and cant be condensation as it just will not clear

Cheers ! Chris

Hello,

What is the spec of the engine/turbo?

Turbo's cannot "spin" bearings, this is a terminology used for shells in the engine.

So last night i thought ill take the starlet out a run as she has been sat in the garage a good few months, thought it would do her good to stretch off.

Went through the usual warm up procedure etc checked all fluids all clean topped up etc etc and then moved off out the garage onto the roads, for the first time in a while.

Had a bit of steam coming from the exhaust and i had put this down to condensation build up due to being sat for so long, but that was last night and all today i have been driving it and even putting some proper boost through it and it clears for a bit once i do that as if i have blown it out but then starts again after normall driving. So surely it cant be condensation

Now some of you will know i had a similar problem when i changed my turbo last time and it turned out i had spun the bearing in the turbo, surely not again, car was ran at 1.3 bar and is smoking white puffs when cruising and declaration on idle slightly and when i finally come to a stop at lights a second will go by then puff again.

Spoke to Mike @ Td today and he said he would honestly not worry about it as the car is running perfect was missing at over a bar of boost early this morning but it has cleared after a few miles. the car is driving perfectly as mentioned before but i cant have smoke coming from the back of it, i know mike knows his stuff but its hard to explain to someone who is on the phone tbh.

It is definetly not right anyway, checked the water,oil,under oil cap, in the exhaust for obvious signs, it was actually worse when i started it this morning as opposed to last night, mike said dropping the decat down probs wouldnt show anything up really

I understand it is winter, its a decatted car with a 2.5" system but its not a normal amount of smoke really, smells of general carbon/suity exhaust smell but not fuel

Any help with this would be appreciated as its frying my head and cant be condensation as it just will not clear

Cheers ! Chris

Cheers socks im just double checking not that i doubt mike atol its just odd first time its been out since sept

I dont mean spun a bearing like on an engine i know this is an engine term i mean last time it overboosted and the bearing cartridge couldnt take it its a forged 4e ricky tdo4 usual fueling emu fpr etc

Im begining to think its nothing but better safe then sorry

6 months warrenty mate, im just over that, however as you would expect mike has continued to be supportive over the phone and is doing his best to help me out, im sure if anything was really wrong he would sort me out as its just kver and the car has barely been driven, im having my mechanic check it out anyway just to be sure

Im stsrting to think its nothing but better safe than sorry