Elec Window Motor

Hi guys,

I m in the process of swopping out my drivers side elec window motor for a replacement. Thing is the old one is still getting power to it i think - When you press switch you hear it - but the window won t go down. Could the mechanism be seized? If so can i fix this or just replace the motor?

Thanks

mine goes down (sorta) when you push down on the switch, but will not go back up again. i have to pull it up by hand then push up on the switch while holding it in place to keep it there. any idea whats going on there lol? passenger side is seized completely :L

Mine was the same, I replaced the cog inside the motor of mine from an mr2 window motor then was sweet as a nut.

Passenger side could be anything, I would remove the motor and check it over, as if no noise from the motor could be a power prob or switch, but if you have removed the motor from the door, can still check if it works with it plugged in and also the window will be free to move and you can check if it has seized somehow, although doubt the window has seized but you never know.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I ve take off the door card, but not taken out the old motor etc yet.

Is there anyway i can just remove the motor or do i have do i have to take out the whole mechanisim and take the glass out.?

Its been a while since last replaced one on my swift gti...... So feelin slighly lost :s