Model:

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA Version 5 Limited

Tax:

May 2014

MOT:

November 2014

Mileage:

Description:
My STI RA is up for sale, I've only had it a few months but want to get back in an Evo!

Its a V5 STI Type RA Limited, no. 17/1000
3 months tax and 9 months MOT
Clock shows just over 90k but don't know when it was converted to miles.

The RA Impreza's are a lighter more driver focused car compared to a "normal" STI, it features the following:

Less sound deading
Thinner glass
Aluminium body panels
Quick steering rack
Close ratio gearbox
Driver controlled centre diff
No ABS
Roof vent
As this is a Limited version it also has electric windows and mirrors.

The engine was rebuilt by Neil at Slowboy Racing using a version 8 short engine and refurbed version 5 heads, the aircon was also removed. The DCCD was refurbished and the gearbox and rear diff were both serviced.
He also fitted a low mileage VF28, new MAF sensor, front disks and pads, rear pads and fresh brake fluid.
The car is running on VR1 10-60 Racing oil and only gets either V-power or Tesco 99 fuel.
All this was done at 88,650 so its only done around 1500 miles since rebuild.
There is also Japanese service history aswell as a UK service book with stamps.

There are a couple of small issues with the car.
One of the front suspension top mounts is knocking slightly but il be replacing these this week all being well.
Theres some marks on the body, the car has had wind deflectors fitted at some point and these have marked the paint where they've been removed, theres also a very small amount of surface rust on the rear n/s arch (not bad but wants sorting). Normal age related marks as to be expected on a car of this age.
The fuel flap doesn't open without being pulled while the lever inside the car is held up, its the little release spring which is missing, im currently trying to source one!

All in all its a very nice, unmolested example of a STI Type RA, the only modification being an Afterburner cat back exhaust which isn't too loud either. It drives very well and pulls strongly through all the gears.

I would also include in the sale the following:
A Hayward & Scott decat downpipe
Set of clear front and side indicators

Price:

SOLD

Pictures:

Plenty more pictures available on request
RAb_zpsb56fecb5.jpg

RAi_zpse217f9ec.jpg

RAa_zps70eee63f.jpg

RAd_zps6fca5309.jpg

RAengine1_zpsbacd06ca.jpg

RAf_zps3b5f3f2d.jpg

RAc_zps180118fd.jpg

RAg_zps5678428a.jpg

RAseat2_zps4b8692ea.jpg

RAseat4_zps4b9b199f.jpg

RAseat5_zps1ebb1438.jpg

Contact Details:

On the thread or via PM

Edited by paulgtt

At 70mph it runs around 3500rpm.

Its definately a b-road blaster then a motorway crusier, I've been seeing low 20's on mixed driving (alot of dual carriage ways thrown in to be fair), fuel tank is 60 litres on these. But it is alot of fun 8)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...