what do you do for work

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you graduate mate, I'll be asking you for a loan lol

Haha, don't hold your breath! I'll be busy paying back my numerous debt with the Student Loan Company...ofcourse, I shall be in hiding from them for a few years and changing my name in the process :lol:

I work for a Impreza tuning company called Scoobyworld.. im 18, ive had 4 cars since is started driving at 17!! my first was a black 96 celica modded, some hoe crashed into it... got a golf VR6 mk3 Modded to around 200BHP loved that, but then another hoe crashed into it and wrote it off about 4 months ago.. Then i brought a nissan s14 200sx, ive tuned it to about 300bhp, all parts are paid for by my wage but i get trade price on all jap parts like hks nd blitz and rims like rota nd speedline etc! ive still got that as my track/drifting toy... and now about 4 days ago i brought a sportif.. mint nick, brilliant white, low milage full service history and 2 sensible owners. Currently await for the collection of parts to fully convert it to a glanza look alike ( apart from the engine ) !! use the starlet as my every day car... and my collegue at work has a glanza V !! some of you mite know him of the toyotagtturbo forum as mikeyG with a silver glanza, Black rota wheels!!

GER IT DARN YA

I think I'm the youngest car owner on here?

I'm at college full time studying ICT and Art mainly, looking to go into Graphics/Transport design

Getting £30 a week from EMA! :lol:

how do you afford that car then lol. i wouldnt of been able to cope with all those bills.

I'm the IT helpdesk (posh title - Desktop Support Analyst) for a pharmaceutical company with about 300 staff. Only on secondment in the job at the mo but should be made permanent before Christmas (been with the company 7 years). They are looking at pushing me into loads of training almost straight away to become the site Applications Management Analyst looking after all the Oracle databases and stuff. If all goes well should be earning just short of £30k this time next year :o

Shizzle my nizzle! (what does that actually mean? :lol: )

im a chippy making putting up and taking down exhibition stands the pay varies depending on what hours i do but this month i took home £1600 not bad for a 19 yr old. havnt got my starlet now though :ph34r: got a 106 with a tuned gti lump which likes to eat gearbox mounts for fun :lol:

where you from ????

Me? originally Manchester many many moons ago....currently Londinium with all the other shandy drinking southern poofs. But I've lived in Bradford (Bradistan as the locals affectionally call it) and many other dives over the years :ph34r:

how do you afford that car then lol. i wouldnt of been able to cope with all those bills.

You'd be surprised how much it actually has cost him!

Lot of mechanics on here although thats kinda to be expected :)

Im a uni student studing Digital 3D Design BA (hons)

also work at the odeon cinema part time for a bit of extra dollar... :p

In all work pays like 400 a month which leaves me runnin prety tight money wise n roughly 5000 a year then also get 3000 student loan which 1000 went on the car n then still waitin on the rest as it gets paid in installments as oppose to a big chunck which is gay..... :D

Lobotomy - do you have a pet?

Is it a shark?

A shark with frickin' laser beams on its head?

:p

I think I'm the youngest car owner on here?

I'm at college full time studying ICT and Art mainly, looking to go into Graphics/Transport design

Getting £30 a week from EMA! :p

Are you like gettin sum kinda grant or does someone u know work for an insurance company like that?

Or is the parentspay for it.... :lol:

Im havin loads of trouble trying to live, run/mod car, uni expensise n christmas is coming up... :ph34r:

Also owe my bro 500 :D

I need to win the lottery... :D

Would help if i started doing it first i spose... :p

In all work pays like 400 a month which leaves me runnin prety tight money wise n roughly 5000 a year then also get 3000 student loan which 1000 went on the car n then still waitin on the rest as it gets paid in installments as oppose to a big chunck which is gay..... :ph34r:

:)

Would help if i started doing it first i spose... :lol:

lol i no how that feels its a pane in the arse i want it all in one

• 3 weeks later...

currently working for the bank (it's boring) Not bad money about 1k a mnth in hand...doesnt leave much for mods!

just in proccess of moving job going to the army to become hopefully a vehicle technition & mechanic/sparky!

that will pay out about 25-30k a year sweet!!

currently an electrician, i wire peoples houses, and machinery in factorys etc, I also instal computer set ups (network points etc) and fiber optic networking.

Would be great pay up country but living down here in devon, its pritty poor, 10pound an hour.not all that special.

quite enjoy the work but most of the time wish id become a mechanic or somthing more intresting, i enjoy working on my car and friends way more than wiring peoples houses etc.

i think im the only guy on here whos on the dole! got laid off latly used to work as a kitchen assistant/cook.ive also dabbled in tattooing,i love my my ink got half a sleeve and no wonga to finish it!

Are you like gettin sum kinda grant or does someone u know work for an insurance company like that?

Or is the parentspay for it.... :ph34r:

The car only cost £400 and I got £200 back from selling the rims that came with it!

I got all the paint on tick, still owe him £70.

And borrowed money here and there, all paid off now apart from the paint guy ;)

My dad did pay for a few bits and bobs, like £35 for the rear Glanza bumper and £40 towards the new headlights :p

But remember, the cars always parked doing nothing so no running costs for me.... yet!

im a self-employed trainee electrician. pays ok when the works there. do big contracts for M&S and Tesco also do houses and flats. Gota go to college next year and take some new exams and then the pay goes up. hours are a bit long. mostley night work too. on about 20-24k at the mo.

currently working for the bank (it's boring) Not bad money about 1k a mnth in hand...doesnt leave much for mods!

just in proccess of moving job going to the army to become hopefully a vehicle technition & mechanic/sparky!

that will pay out about 25-30k a year sweet!!

do you have prev experience being a mechanic ????