TTE Exhaust fitting problems

So got my tte backbox for my sr, it has a normal na standard backbox, went to the garage thinking it will be a strait swop but it seems to need a little modification, i am told the tte is in standard form and came from an na.

Has anybody had the same problem refitting the tte bacbox, if so what was the remedy?

Cheers
Andy

:thumbsup:

What is the issue exactly. A oem n/a exhaust has a flared fitting just as it goes up and over the rear axle. This is the same as the TTE box.

The oem rear exhaust hanger is a box type. One rubber through a box on the back box and It sits on 2 pins from the chassis

What is the issue exactly. A oem n/a exhaust has a flared fitting just as it goes up and over the rear axle. This is the same as the TTE box.

The oem rear exhaust hanger is a box type. One rubber through a box on the back box and It sits on 2 pins from the chassis

The problem is that when hanging from the two body mounts(rubber goes through hook on top of box) the center section seems to come up a bit short( about two inches).

Forget to take camera so no pics.

Will be taking it to my normal garage when i get time, just popped out to nearest and they could not do it with out modifying the bracket but they did not charge me so nothing lost.

Andy

:thumbsup:

Not sure what the specifics of the Yaris version are, but this has been on my car since it came out the factory.

Here is what the mid-section should look like anyway, it slots inside the TTE backbox end. Bloody nightmare getting it off :p

aVpVL5cl.png

Excuse my amature paint skills