Hi all, I've recently finished rebuilding my td04 4efte that I put into a n/a rep. Done everyrhing as I should but after a few road tests found it will NOT boost over 9psi?? I can't hear any boost leaks and it seems to run spot on just can't understand why it won't go any more?

All I have is a bleed valve on the wastegate pipe, a fuel pressure regulator and a boost guage. Which is the same as what I had on my old glanza which ran 12psi on hybrid ct9 no problem.... Just no matter how much I turn the bleed it doesn't change?

u can test if they work by using a cycle foot pump or similar with an accurate gauge.

pump it and actuator will open @ x amount of psi.

and as for removing the vacuum pipe that connect from turbo out feed to the actuator DO NOT DO THAT !!!!!

seriously silly idea and not gonna prove anything or help u at all !

Edited by mikey4410

Using a bleed valve it should boost higher even if the wastegate is weak. That is NOT your problem.

Also removing the wastegate boost feed pipe will not cause damage as long as you are careful and don't over boost.

Are you sure your boost gauge is accurate?

Ahh so were none the wiser then haha. Ermm no. I'm not sure my boost gauge is accurate to be honest I'm just assuming it is :/ thing is with td04 it doesn't feel half as fast as my old glanza with hybrid ct9 :/ that was 170bhp I was told and think this td04 could do better?

So today I made a makeshift pressure tester for my wastegate... Put pressure in and at 2psi the wastegate started to open and by 6psi it was fully open! So I tensioned it a few mm and refitted it and it was staring to open about 8psi! So left my bleed valve open and tested it down the road and we hit fuel cut at 13psi! :) so tweeked it down a little bit and she runs like a dream :D so mikey4410 I thank you for your help! Top lad :)