pc wizz needed please :)

Ok so earlier this year and ever since its had a couple of little issues.

the main one being i get this error message when attempting to open certain programs, i.e windows movie maker.

ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll

I've tried googing a solution which I've tried doing, it involved running some commands which I've done.

a. Quit all programs that are running.

b. Click Start, and then click Run.

c. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

d. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

· Shdocvw.dll

· Actxprxy.dll

· Oleaut32.dll

· Mshtml.dll

· Browseui.dll

· Shell32.dll

some come up successful others don't, it doesn't say what to do if these don't work?!

I've also done a SFC scan which came back with errors that cant be repaired and i cant view the log because i don't have access.

getting a bit fed up with it all and am hoping someone can hop in and save the day.

cheers

Sounds like somewhere along the lines some registry files have gone missing or got corrupted! These files keep your applications running and to communicate with lower level hardware.

Only way to fix this is to save any personal data from these apps that you are having issues with and uninstall them and re-install them. Doing this will create new files that where previously damaged or missing.

Hope this helps mate :)

paahh not again!

Not that it should make a difference but this is a laptop. could it happen because it re-installed itself from its internal memory and somehow doesn't have the files it needs? i don't have a windows disc like i used to have to use on my PC?

cheers for the help.

May have to mate! I know its long lol

Don't think ill make a difference that your overwriting when you re-installed it if that what your asking?

One other thing you could try is a bit of software called CCleaner (https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) it cleans all the crap from you PC.

Un-install you problematic applications first then run this, may make a difference as it gets rid of anything that is not needed.