Slight smoke, on idle after boosting. help appreciated :).

Went too a arranged Sunday cruise drive yesterday. And as I was on my way, after playing with a integra type R I notice smoke was coming from my exhaust after being at idle got about 30 seconds.

Engines running fine and haven't lost any boost, dosent smoke on boost or start up. Just after boosting and sitting at idle for 20 - 30 seconds.

Thanks

Edited by PWG123

Turbo wouldn't smoke when being used if it was the seals buddy, would smoke on overrun and when on idle after being used.

that would explain the smoking after boost then. I'll order a new turbo seal kit.

yeap let me know how u get on

just booked the rest of week of work. I'm convinced it's turbo seals as it only does it after boost. But I'm going to do both.

How do you compress the vavle stem seals with head on?

Cheers.

with regards to the valve stems its best to feed rope through the spark plug hole and fill the cylinder up whilst its at bdc then by hand crank the engine up to compress the rope gently.this will hold ure valves in.

So fill the cylinder with rope and compress it to secure and then replace seals?

Cheers

yes mate.

first I would disconnect battery so theres no chance of the engine turning over whilst rope is in any cylinders as this would be disastrous.

then like I say when u cant get anymore rope into said cylinder u turn the engine very carefully with a spanner and just lightly compress the cylinder.this will hold valves in place.confirm u cant press them down at all before u go removing collets and springs otherwise ure goin to be starting a HUGE job of taking the head of etc.

best of luck dude.been done many times before and if ure unsure always google it or maybe dont do it .

yes mate.

first I would disconnect battery so theres no chance of the engine turning over whilst rope is in any cylinders as this would be disastrous.

then like I say when u cant get anymore rope into said cylinder u turn the engine very carefully with a spanner and just lightly compress the cylinder.this will hold valves in place.confirm u cant press them down at all before u go removing collets and springs otherwise ure goin to be starting a HUGE job of taking the head of etc.

best of luck dude.been done many times before and if ure unsure always google it or maybe dont do it .

I'm pretty competent, but lucky I've got some very intelligent mechanic friends if I get in trouble. Thanks for your help chap. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers