Any android geeks able to help, basically i had a samsung s2 locked to orange with firmware XXLSS, so rooted it and unlocked it too work with my o2 sim, then decided to run cyanogenMod firmware for a while then hated it so decided on installing 02s latest firmware, only now i have all 02s firmware, apps ect. i cannot get any root app to unlock my sim again, so im thinking of reverting back to oranges firmware to see if it helps if not how can i delete efs files and find the standard one

If you installed O2s latest release of Android then you would need to root the phone again and i'll work. If I was you I would go to xda developers and download this ROM...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-i9100-aosp-neatrom-t2603169

I'v been running it for at least a year now and not a single problem unlike a lot of other ROMs :D plus its fast!

Or if you do want the standard one i'm sure you can find the latest ROM and install the latest radio with it and root, but unfortunately you cannot uninstall there factory apps (bloatware) unless you get a modified stock ROM :)

Hope that helps mate!