How to fit a turbo timer

So a few people have asked me and also seen a lot of people ask on the forum on how to fit a turbo timer, if you have a little electronic knowledge then you can do this for yourself if you haven't got a harness, if you do have a harness then anyone can fit one!!

Tools you will need

Turbo timer

Harness or no harness

Wire cutters

Electrical connectors or Insulation tape

Phillips screwdriver

8mm/10mm socket and ratchet

Fitting

Firstly you will need to remove the drivers dash panel under the steering column, you will find four screws holding it on, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom.

IMG_20140506_122928_zps93758d31.jpg

Then you need to remove the plastic part at the bottom of the drivers footwell, you do this by popping off the door sills and then a 8mm or 10mm socket to get the bolt holding it on (I cant remember the size as mine is missing)

IMG_20140506_122935_zps8008f4f6.jpg

Next you will need to remove the handbrake cover, you will find two screws in the pocket under the handbrake, and one either side beside the seats, you can get at these by pushing your seats fully forward.

IMG_20140506_122954_zpsa07e032e.jpg

Back to the panel you removed first up under here you will find a white block connector as in the picture below, you are going to need to unplug this from the connector above, as you can see i have already unplugged this, now if you are lucky enough to have a harness for your turbo timer, you simply plug the harness into the slot you have removed the white connector from and then plug the white connector into the spare slot on your harness

IMG_20140506_115916_zpse46426ba.jpg

If you are not lucky enough to have a harness then this is where it gets fiddly, so if you do not feel comfortable splicing these wires do not do it, i will take no responsibility for any damage done to your car!!

The white block connector you have removed will need the wires going into the back of it spliced to the wires from your turbo timer as in the picture below,

Wires are

red to red/black

green or yellow to blue/black

blue to black

IMG_20140506_120147_zps508c0f9c.jpg

Next is your handbrake wire which is brown(apexi) or grey(hks) and goes to yellow/green as below

IMG_20140506_121316_zpsd2c823c4.jpg

Last of all is your earth, the thin black wire which i put to the earth behind the panel removed earlier in the footwell as below

IMG_20140506_120333_zpsa944ef2f.jpg

Lastly put all your plastics back in and your done, just to clarify this is how its wired in my car and some people may like to choose different ways of wiring their earth/ acc/ live

Again only attempt this if you have the ability to do this, i do not take any responsibility for any damage you may cause while fitting this, also purple(apexi) or brown(hks) are rev speed and not needed

If you think i may have gone wrong or have any ideas too add dont be afraid to pm me :thumbsup:

Edited by fremyjay