It's not 10 mm no chance on this earth is it 10mm il put my life on it 10mm is more glow plug size

It certainly is. A 10mm plug socket is much bigger than a 10mm standard socket.

Posted Image

There's a picture for you mate. See the size differences for the same size mm plug. The big 10mm (with a spark plug in it) is a proper spark plug socket not a normal socket.

Well ied lick my own arsehole iev got plug sockets at home just never looked on the side so where do they take the measurement from then cause 10mm is 10mm the only part I can think of that's 10mm is the o ring inside the socket that grabs the plug

Well ied lick my own arsehole iev got plug sockets at home just never looked on the side so where do they take the measurement from then cause 10mm is 10mm the only part I can think of that's 10mm is the o ring inside the socket that grabs the plug

I know that's what's always confused me about them. I think it is the o ring diameter too. The nut part probably is 16mm. I've never used a standard socket for plugs though lol.

It's 16mm...that is some chinese fucked up socket they probably printed the wrong size

I'll go out and put one in my 16mm spark plug socket...1 sec i'll upload a pic

MGsJFbal.jpg

bBDcjUsl.jpg

Edited by Jamie5414

I was gunna go get mine to take a pic aswell but it's right iev googles it and mines a halfords set and they sell 10mm plug sockets

I'll go get mine now lol

Edited by rinseep82

Mines got the plastic "grab" bit inside so not just a normal socket

I don't understand what part inside that socket is 10mm.....It's a 16mm socket with a plastic insert, so should be (and is in some cases) marked as 16mm...

20140511_100534_zpsf6cbe270.jpg

That's just a standard socket mate without the insert. Not saying it doesn't fit. Just saying it's NOT a spark plug socket. Spark plug sockets are special purpose sockets used only for spark plugs.

Haha this thread... Seems some are 10 and some are 16 went to halfords and there plug socket to fit starlets is 10 as there 16 was massive went to b&q and there 16 was the same size as the 10 I got from halfords it's a strange one indeed