Servicing an Auto Transmission

Picked up an auto n/a and want to give it a full service.

What is the crack with the auto box, never had any experience with an auto so don't even know where to begin?

I have literally looked under bonnet for 2 seconds and seen a dipstick coming from it, didn't even touch it.

What is this for, what am I measuring and how often should it be checked.?

Is it just a case of draining fluid and refilling for auto boxes? If so on what schedule? what fluid? where does it drain from and where does fresh stuff go?

Just out of interest does the Glanza use the same autobox? as far as I can work out its only a 3 speed box n/a rev's it tits off on motorway, can imagine Glanza would top out very quickly?

Lots of questions but would like to get all clued up so any help much appreciated.

Thanks

David

• 4 weeks later...

On a auto box without stripping the box down an oil change is all you can do. Usually on the dipstick you have hot and cold messurmemts. To check the level have the car running. Go through the gear with you foot on the brake. Then put it in park and check the level.